Situated in the central part of Brevard County, Cocoa is a coastal city just a few miles east of Orlando. With a population of 17,140 residents, the city spans over a total geographical area of 39.91 square kilometers. The area is known to have been named after a mail received in a river boat, which contained a tin box named ‘Baker’s Cocoa’. This is one of many origins of how the town got its name. Today, the area is a well reputed community home to a diverse and friendly population.
The city of Cocoa offers the perfect blend of Florida living. You are close enough to beautiful beaches without a great number of crowds. While enjoying the rich history of the city, you'll appreciate the lively downtown area, with its diversity of shops and many types of restaurants. Other popular points of interest across the area include the Riverfront Park, Lee Wenner Park, Historic Village Association and Brevard Museum.
Mortgage Broker in Cocoa
Cocoa is not only a place to live but a great place to raise a family and grow. The city’s miles of beachfronts, boardwalks, and pier make it a great place to relax and enjoy time with friends and family. The opportunity to explore hundreds of acres of undeveloped land provides endless entertainment for locals and visitors who frequently visit the area.
If you are fascinated by what the city has to offer and are in pursuit of a property to purchase, then you should opt for a mortgage broker quote through MortgageQuote.com to help you finance your future home. We are a mortgage broker that has access to top mortgage loan lenders in Cocoa, enabling you to pick a mortgage loan plan that meets your requirements in Cocoa.
Exploring its Vibrant Arts Scene and Local Cuisine
Are you ready to immerse yourself in the vibrant arts scene and tantalize your taste buds with delicious local cuisine? Look no further than Cocoa, Florida! Nestled along the picturesque Space Coast, this charming city has so much to offer. From art galleries showcasing the works of talented local artists to live performances that will leave you spellbound, Cocoa truly is an artistic haven. Explore the historic Cocoa Village, where quaint shops and eclectic boutiques line the streets. Indulge in mouthwatering dishes at the city's diverse restaurants, serving everything from fresh seafood to international flavors. Don't miss the opportunity to try some of Cocoa's famous chocolate treats – after all, it's not called Cocoa for nothing! Whether you're a seasoned art enthusiast or a foodie looking for a culinary adventure, Cocoa, Florida, promises a delightful experience like no other. So grab your camera, your appetite, and prepare to be captivated by the charm of Cocoa!
The vibrant arts scene in Cocoa
Cocoa, Florida, is a hidden gem when it comes to the arts. The city is home to a thriving arts community that showcases the talent and creativity of local artists in various forms. From paintings and sculptures to photography and mixed media, Cocoa's art scene has something for everyone.
One of the best ways to experience the arts in Cocoa is by visiting the local art galleries. These galleries feature rotating exhibitions that highlight the works of both established and emerging artists. The exhibitions often focus on themes that reflect the city's rich history, natural beauty, and cultural diversity. Visitors can expect to be pleasantly surprised by the range of styles and techniques on display.
In addition to the galleries, Cocoa also hosts regular art events and festivals that celebrate the arts. These events bring the community together and provide a platform for artists to showcase their work. From art walks to live painting demonstrations, there is always something exciting happening in Cocoa for art enthusiasts.
The arts scene in Cocoa is not limited to traditional galleries and events. The city is also home to a vibrant community of artists and artisans who have made Cocoa their creative hub. From painters and sculptors to jewelry designers and ceramicists, these talented individuals contribute to the artistic fabric of the city. Many of them have their studios open to the public, allowing visitors to get a glimpse into their creative process and even purchase their unique creations.
Cocoa's vibrant arts scene is a testament to the city's commitment to fostering creativity and supporting local talent. Whether you're an art aficionado or simply appreciate beautiful things, Cocoa's arts scene is sure to leave you inspired and wanting more.
Local art galleries and exhibitions
Cocoa, Florida, is not just a haven for art lovers – it's also a paradise for food enthusiasts. The city's diverse culinary scene offers a delightful mix of flavors and cuisines that are sure to satisfy even the most discerning palates.
When it comes to dining in Cocoa, you'll find a wide range of options, from casual eateries to upscale restaurants. One of the best ways to experience the local cuisine is by exploring the historic Cocoa Village. This charming district is home to a variety of restaurants, cafes, and food stalls, each offering its own unique culinary delights.
Seafood lovers will be in heaven in Cocoa. Being located along the Space Coast means that fresh catches are never too far away. Many of the local restaurants specialize in seafood dishes, serving up everything from succulent shrimp and tender scallops to mouthwatering fish tacos. Whether you prefer your seafood grilled, fried, or served raw, Cocoa has got you covered.
If you're in the mood for something other than seafood, Cocoa has plenty of options to satisfy your cravings. The city boasts a diverse range of international cuisines, from Italian and Mexican to Asian and Mediterranean. Whether you're in the mood for a comforting bowl of pasta, a spicy plate of tacos, or a fragrant curry, you'll find it all in Cocoa.
In addition to its excellent restaurants, Cocoa also hosts several food festivals and events throughout the year. These events celebrate the city's culinary heritage and showcase the talents of local chefs and food vendors. From seafood festivals to food truck rallies, these events are a great way to sample a variety of dishes and experience the vibrant food culture of Cocoa.
No visit to Cocoa would be complete without indulging in some of its famous chocolate treats. After all, the city is named after cocoa, and it takes its chocolate seriously. From decadent truffles and creamy fudge to rich chocolate-covered strawberries, Cocoa offers a wide selection of sweet treats that will satisfy any chocolate lover's cravings.
Artists and artisans in Cocoa
When it comes to dining in Cocoa, there are several popular restaurants and eateries that should be on your must-visit list. These establishments have earned a reputation for their delicious food, welcoming ambiance, and exceptional service.
1. The Mango Tree Restaurant: Located in the heart of Cocoa Village, The Mango Tree Restaurant offers a unique dining experience that combines Caribbean flavors with Southern charm. The menu features dishes inspired by the owner's Jamaican heritage, such as jerk chicken, curry goat, and plantain fritters. The restaurant also boasts a beautiful outdoor patio where guests can enjoy their meals while soaking in the vibrant atmosphere of Cocoa Village.
2. Ryan's Village Pizza & Pub: If you're in the mood for pizza, Ryan's Village Pizza & Pub is the place to go. This local favorite has been serving up delicious pies since 2003. The menu features a variety of specialty pizzas, from classic margherita to gourmet combinations like BBQ chicken and bacon ranch. Pair your pizza with one of their craft beers on tap for the ultimate dining experience.
3. The Tulip Restaurant & Lounge: For a taste of European cuisine, head to The Tulip Restaurant & Lounge. This elegant eatery specializes in Dutch and German dishes, such as schnitzel, bratwurst, and sauerkraut. The cozy atmosphere and friendly service make it the perfect place for a romantic dinner or a special celebration.
4. The Fat Snook: If you're looking for a fine dining experience, The Fat Snook is the place to be. This upscale restaurant offers a menu that highlights fresh, locally sourced ingredients. From pan-seared scallops to grilled Florida grouper, each dish is thoughtfully prepared and beautifully presented. The intimate setting and attentive service make it a popular choice for special occasions.
Exploring the local cuisine in Cocoa
Cocoa, Florida, is a melting pot of flavors, and there are several unique dishes and flavors that you must try during your visit. These culinary delights will give you a taste of the city's diverse food scene and leave you craving for more.
1. Gator Bites: If you're feeling adventurous, why not try some gator bites? This local delicacy features bite-sized pieces of alligator meat that are breaded and fried to perfection. The result is a crispy and flavorful appetizer that pairs well with a tangy dipping sauce. Gator bites are a must-try for those looking to experience the unique flavors of Florida.
2. Key Lime Pie: No visit to Florida is complete without indulging in a slice of Key lime pie. This tangy and refreshing dessert is made with Key lime juice, sweetened condensed milk, and a graham cracker crust. The combination of sweet and tart flavors makes it the perfect treat to cool down on a hot day.
3. Cuban Sandwich: The Cuban sandwich is a classic Florida dish that originated in the city of Tampa but has made its way to Cocoa. This hearty sandwich features layers of roasted pork, ham, Swiss cheese, pickles, and mustard, all pressed between slices of Cuban bread. The result is a mouthwatering sandwich that is crispy on the outside and packed with flavor.
4. Citrus-Marinated Shrimp: Being located along the Space Coast means that fresh shrimp is abundant in Cocoa. One unique way to enjoy this local favorite is by marinating it in a citrusy blend of lime and orange juices, garlic, and spices. The citrus marinade adds a refreshing twist to the shrimp, making it a light and flavorful dish that is perfect for seafood lovers.
Popular restaurants and eateries
Cocoa, Florida, is a city that knows how to celebrate its culinary heritage. Throughout the year, the city hosts several food festivals and events that showcase the best of local cuisine. These events bring the community together and provide an opportunity for visitors to sample a variety of dishes in a festive atmosphere.
One of the most popular food festivals in Cocoa is the annual "Taste of Cocoa." This event brings together local restaurants, food trucks, and vendors, offering a wide selection of dishes and flavors to try. From savory to sweet, there is something for everyone at the Taste of Cocoa. Live music, cooking demonstrations, and children's activities add to the festive atmosphere of the event.
Another must-visit food event in Cocoa is the "Seafood & Music Festival." This two-day event celebrates the city's love for seafood and live music. Local seafood vendors serve up a variety of dishes, including fresh shrimp, oysters, and crab cakes. Attendees can enjoy their meals while listening to live performances by local bands and musicians. The Seafood & Music Festival is a great way to experience the vibrant culture and flavors of Cocoa.
In addition to these festivals, Cocoa also hosts regular farmers markets where you can find fresh produce, artisanal products, and homemade treats. These markets are a great place to support local farmers and businesses while sampling the best of what Cocoa has to offer.
Unique dishes and flavors in Cocoa
If you're looking for specific food spots to visit in Cocoa, here are a few recommendations that should be on your list:
1. Ossorio Bakery & Cafe: This charming bakery and cafe in Cocoa Village is known for its delicious pastries, artisanal bread, and gourmet sandwiches. Whether you're in the mood for a flaky croissant, a hearty panini, or a sweet treat, Ossorio Bakery & Cafe has something to satisfy your cravings.
2. Cocoa Beach Pier: Located just a short drive from Cocoa, the Cocoa Beach Pier is a must-visit for seafood lovers. The pier is home to several restaurants and bars that offer stunning ocean views and a variety of seafood dishes. Enjoy a seafood platter, a plate of fried shrimp, or a fresh catch of the day while watching the waves roll in.
3. Cocoa Village Farmers Market: If you want to experience the local flavors of Cocoa, don't miss the Cocoa Village Farmers Market. Held every Saturday, this market features a variety of vendors selling fresh produce, homemade goods, and ready-to-eat treats. Grab a cup of locally roasted coffee, sample some homemade jams, and stock up on fresh fruits and vegetables.
4. Cocoa Beach Brewing Company: If you're a fan of craft beer, make sure to visit the Cocoa Beach Brewing Company. This local brewery offers a rotating selection of handcrafted beers, ranging from hoppy IPAs to smooth stouts. Pair your beer with a delicious pub-style snack, such as loaded nachos or beer-battered onion rings.
Local food festivals and events
Cocoa, Florida, is a city that truly has it all – a vibrant arts scene, a diverse culinary landscape, and a warm and welcoming atmosphere. Whether you're an art lover, a food enthusiast, or simply looking for a unique and captivating destination, Cocoa is sure to exceed your expectations.
From exploring the local art galleries and witnessing the creativity of talented local artists to indulging in the delicious flavors of the city's diverse cuisine, Cocoa offers a delightful sensory experience. The historic Cocoa Village, with its quaint shops and eclectic boutiques, provides the perfect backdrop for a leisurely stroll and some retail therapy.
Cocoa's vibrant arts scene, with its galleries, events, and talented community of artists, showcases the city's commitment to fostering creativity and celebrating the arts. And when it comes to food, Cocoa's diverse culinary scene is a testament to the city's multicultural heritage and its love for fresh seafood.
So, whether you're a seasoned art enthusiast, a foodie looking for a culinary adventure, or simply seeking a charming and captivating destination, Cocoa, Florida, promises a delightful experience like no other. So grab your camera, your appetite, and prepare to be captivated by the charm of Cocoa!
Must-visit food spots in Cocoa
Cocoa, Florida, is a hub of culinary delights, offering a plethora of food festivals and events throughout the year. One such event is the Cocoa Beach Food and Wine Festival, where you can sip on fine wines and savor delectable bites from local restaurants. The festival attracts renowned chefs and winemakers, making it a must-visit for food enthusiasts.
Another popular event is the Taste of Cocoa, a celebration of the city's diverse culinary scene. This annual festival brings together local restaurants and food vendors, offering visitors the chance to sample a wide range of dishes. From Southern comfort food to exotic international flavors, the Taste of Cocoa has something for everyone.
If you're a seafood lover, don't miss the Port Canaveral Seafood and Music Festival. Held at the nearby Port Canaveral, this three-day extravaganza features live music, arts and crafts, and, of course, a mouthwatering selection of fresh seafood. Indulge in succulent shrimp, savory crab cakes, and perfectly grilled fish while enjoying the lively atmosphere and live performances.
Cocoa also hosts the Cocoa Village BBQ & Blues Festival, a celebration of two beloved American traditions – barbecue and blues music. This event brings together top barbecue chefs from around the country, competing for the title of the best BBQ in town. Enjoy finger-licking ribs, pulled pork sandwiches, and smoky brisket, all accompanied by the soulful sounds of blues music.
With its diverse range of food festivals and events, Cocoa offers a unique opportunity to experience the local cuisine in a festive and lively atmosphere. Whether you're a fan of seafood, barbecue, or international flavors, these events are sure to satisfy your cravings and leave you wanting more.
Why Cocoa, Florida is a must-visit for art lovers and food enthusiasts
Cocoa, Florida, is a haven for food lovers, with a wide array of restaurants and eateries to choose from. Here are some must-visit food spots that will take your taste buds on a delightful journey:
1. Ryan's Village Pizza: If you're craving authentic Italian pizza, look no further than Ryan's Village Pizza. This local favorite is known for its thin-crust pizzas topped with fresh ingredients and flavorful sauces. With a cozy atmosphere and friendly staff, Ryan's Village Pizza is the perfect place to indulge in a slice of heaven.
2. The Fat Snook: For a taste of fine dining in Cocoa, head to The Fat Snook. This upscale restaurant offers a creative menu featuring locally sourced ingredients and innovative flavor combinations. From seared scallops to braised short ribs, each dish is a work of art that will leave you craving more.
3. Cocoa Riverfront Park Farmers Market: For a true farm-to-table experience, visit the Cocoa Riverfront Park Farmers Market. Every Saturday, local farmers, bakers, and artisans gather to showcase their products. From fresh produce to homemade baked goods, this market is a paradise for foodies looking for high-quality, locally sourced ingredients.
4. The Dove III: If you're in the mood for classic American comfort food, The Dove III is the place to be. This family-owned restaurant has been serving delicious breakfast, lunch, and dinner dishes for over 30 years. From fluffy pancakes to hearty burgers, their menu has something for everyone.
5. Ossorio Bakery & Cafe: For a sweet treat, make sure to visit Ossorio Bakery & Cafe. This charming bakery offers a mouthwatering selection of pastries, cakes, and chocolates. Indulge in a decadent chocolate croissant or savor a slice of their famous chocolate cake – you won't be disappointed.
Cocoa's culinary scene is a melting pot of flavors and cuisines, offering something for every palate. Whether you're in the mood for pizza, fine dining, or a sweet treat, these must-visit food spots will satisfy your cravings and leave you wanting more.